Tuesday, January 24, 2006

We had a late breakfast so my valium never really kicked in to full effect so I wasn't nearly as relaxed as at the retrieval. boo. My bladder was too full so I had to empty my bladder 3 times to get everything lined up correctly. And my hip cramped up on the stirrup which made me more stressed. But once everything calmed down the transfer went just fine.

The embryologist said that we only had 3 viable embryos (from our total of 14 eggs retrieved; 10 mature; 7 fertilized):
5 IVF -> 4 fertilized -> 2 viable (1 8-cell & 1 6-cell)
5 ICSI -> 3 fertilized -> 1 viable (1 6-cell, looks the worst)

So that is interesting to know that Nick's sperm is fine and actually ICSI didn't do us any good at all.

So based on that and my RE's concern about my egg quality in general we decided to transfer all three. I'll have to scan in a pic later (we decided that they look like Nick and have my personality-stubborn). One (the 8-cell) looks really good and the other two just look OK. Based on that the RE was estimating only 15% chance for twins and <1% for triplets.

My DH took off work today and our dog is in doggie daycare so we're going to have a nice, quiet movie marathon!! :) He has been just so sweet and supportive. I heart him more than ever.

Well I guess we're going to take it easy (esp. now that my valium is finally kicking in) and hope that one (or two) of them stick!!!

Yippee!!